Library Locator for Authors
Unique Value, Exclusive Access
Library Locator is a password-protected, selective, searchable database of public libraries in the United States.
What makes Library Locator unique?
- Library Locator is updated monthly.
- Library Locator includes the names and contact information for book buyers—the decision-makers—with e-mails where available.
- Library Locator is a selective list of public libraries (based on size of collections, open hours, and size of staff) throughout the U.S., enabling authors to target the libraries most likely to purchase their materials.
- Library Locator indicates whether each library is a system (consisting of multiple branches or libraries) or if it is an independent library (single building). System libraries are more likely to purchase multiple copies of items.
- Library Locator includes the number of branches in each system.
- Library Locator offers a reporting function to measure the success of marketing efforts.
- Library Locator is available for unlimited use in your 3-month subscription period.
- Library Locator allows the ability to print labels or to use email addresses.
Measure Your ROI: Was Your Campaign a Success?
Authors can purchase a report providing statistical feedback measuring the success of their promotion using Library Locator. The report, taken from internal resources, will include the number of libraries shelving a particular title before the promotion and the number after the promotion. It will also provide the total number of copies purchased by your targeted libraries.
To accurately measure the success of your promotion, it’s critical that you purchase your report at the same time as your subscription. A count of your books already in libraries must be taken to compare the results.
Making the Most of Your Data: Professional Flyer Content Assistance
Need assistance creating promotional materials that will capture the attention of busy acquisitions librarians? Order our Flyer Content Assistance option, and we’ll help you to create a flyer that will rise to the top of librarians’ slush piles.
Make the Most of Your Data: Behind the Stacks Marketing to Library Training
Locating libraries is only half of an author’s library marketing strategy. How do you connect with the libraries in Library Locator? How do you best present yourself and your books to library staff? How do you create marketing materials that grab an acquisitions librarian’s attention? Library Insider provides one-to-one telephone training by Judy Gann. This training offers authors the guidance they need to expertly market to libraries.
Maximize Your Time: Skip the Mail Merge Hassle
Avoid the stress of wrangling your downloaded data into labels! Order our custom-generated mailing labels, and receive a printable label document, with a mail merge of your selected states already completed.
Stay Informed: Get the Latest Library News and Purchasing Trends That Impact Marketing Efforts
All subscribing authors will receive The Library Insider, a quarterly newsletter with library news relevant to publishing, including trends and tips for reaching the public library market. Authors can also stay current by following the updates on the Library Insider Facebook page.