Training & Consultation
Our Library Locator system will give you the tools you need to contact book buyers in libraries, but do you know how to approach them?
A twenty-five-year veteran of the library industry, Judy Gann, now offers direct training to publishers, marketing teams, and one-to-one to authors on how to make sales to libraries in the most effective way.
Behind the Stacks Training for Publishers & PR Firms
Judy Gann offers half-day, on-site training for publishers and PR firms. During the training, Judy takes you inside the book selection process and reveals:
- How libraries make purchasing decisions—selection criteria
- Best practices for reaching the public library market
- The value of book reviews and how to obtain them
- A glimpse into the ordering process
- Library ordering seasons
- Trends in library purchasing
- Ways your authors can partner with libraries for author events and workshops
- Additional tips for using Library Locator
Behind the Stacks Consultation for Authors
Judy offers individual consultations for authors to provide you with the tools to market your books to libraries. This e-mail-and-telephone consultation includes:
- How to connect with libraries in your neighborhood and throughout the United States
- How to dress for success—present you and your books in a “library-friendly” manner
- How to create a flyer or brochure that grabs the librarian’s attention. Judy will review your flyer or brochure as part of the consultation
- How public libraries make purchasing decisions—selection criteria
- How libraries order—a glimpse inside the ordering process
- How to time your marketing outreach—inside information about library ordering seasons
To schedule your consultation with Judy, please fill out the Schedule Behind the Stacks Training form on the Upgrade page, after you order your subscription!